Saturday, January 18, 2014

What should I do?

My last IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy, I had a little implantation bleeding (then my daughter got really sick and started feeding through the night for 3 nights) - and the acupuncturist was out of town for 10 days - and my geographic tongue got worse and worse by day.  (It was perfect at the IUI).  Then I was down to one line - BFN

My next IUI should be in a matter of days, my tongue has only just now returned to how a good tongue should look (after the last cycle bringing me down).  The acupuncturist says skip this cycle and give my tongue and body a whole month of feeling well.  The thing is I turn 43 this month and I know I don't have many time on my side - and next month there may be some other problem - flu - cold etc!

This next IUI will be my last natural one as I will start running out of Sages' donor.  If this does not work I plan for two medicated and then one IVF (at a famous and extremely expensive out of town clinic) and then a donor egg cycle.

I worry that if the reason the last IUI didn't work was due to egg quality then I shouldn't be missing yet another cycle - this month's could be a good egg?  If the reason was that I was breast feeding too much or something to do with my tongue- and then this can easily be fixed - the acupuncturist is not going put of town - but waiting another month might be better.

To make matters even more complicated the acupuncturist says if I have an auspicious dream then I should go ahead this month!  What is that?  (I suppose no dreams of the baby being a mass murderer for starters!)  And no matter what I decide she will support me.  The problem is - I don't know what to do, if I could get pregnant now I could go to a very awesome job interview out of town next month (this sort of job only comes along once in a blue moon, and I stand a very good chance of being seriously considered for it - having said that it isn't in the greatest city).  But I won't be able to go through the interview process (out of town) if I am planting the seed next month.

The cycle after that would put me giving birth at Christmas day.  I did this with Sage and finding any help from caregivers over the christmas and new year period is near impossible.  I would almost miss that following cycle (March) just not to repeat the experience which nearly had me committed to an asylum after Sage was born.

Please tell me what you think I should do! Plant the magic seed this month or wait one more cycle? (The palm reader assured me I will be heavily pregnant or already given birth by november of this year)  Stupidly I believe her - but if only she had told me which month to plant the seed!

7 comments:

  1. Personally I would go for it. I am with you on not wanting another Christmas baby, my son's due date was Dec 23rd. He was 2 weeks early so it wasn't that bad, but I will plan better for the next one! That's one reason I'm waiting to T42 until after March/April :-) (one of many of course lol). Given the timing now, it would be nice to have a fall baby wouldn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes - it would due lovely to have a fall baby. Thank you so much for this!

      Delete
  2. I say go for it. An acupuncturist can only tell you so much....think of all the babies that were conceived under very unlikely circumstances (two drunks in the back of a tiny car), and those that weren't under perfect circumstances (perfectly timed IVF resulting in BFN). I think if you don't go for it, you will feel regret and wonder if it might have been the one that worked. Though I do understand the concern of not having enough from Sage's donor. Is the bank out of that donor, or is it the amount of vials that you ordered and stored that is running low?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The donor did not donate very much evidently :-( There is only my daughter and one other possible family who bought seed! For some reason I had been watching the bank for about 6 months and he was the only one that fit my needs (ok I was obviously a bit fussy!). So I bought up all the vials I thought I would need. There are none more left at the bank!

      Delete
  3. I would not pass up your dream job for an attempt. If the attempts don't work, you might really regret it.

    If you feel good this month, go for it! But find a way to keep from nursing all night! Consider it a short term sacrifice (by your daughter) for a long term goal.

    Are you planning to keep nursing?

    For the Christmas baby thing, well, I'm Jewish, so take this with a grain of salt but I don't think that's a reason to skip a month. Those are short term problems, again, with a long term gain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should go with whatever you are leaning towards more. Make a decision either way, and if you feel it is the wrong one, then go the other way. I am 37 this year, and also feel time is running out. One miscarriage and a suspected chemical, and I just have no idea what to do. Added to that looking for a new job, and I am just at a loss. Having said that, AF is yet to show so I can't even try! Whatever decision you make will be the right decision. If you think that way then you can not make a bad choice. good luck and sorry for the pain you are going through x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say go for it. Who knows if the acupuncturist is right (it's not an exact science, after all), and I think you'd always regret it and wonder if you skipped it. Plus, I think you should go for the job interview next month!

    ReplyDelete