On saturday our long awaited swing set and baby trampoline arrived. Whoever said money doesn't buy happiness was wrong! It cost a small fortune and was well worth every cent. The mini trampoline ended up being put together in my bedroom - and although it's supposed to be for people under 100 pounds - it has proved to be quite capable of taking my weight. And now that two and a half years has passed since my vaginal birth, I can jump without peeing my pants! (if I have recently emptied my bladder!) - Never thought I would see the day.
The crappy news was that the very next day I got my period - which was bad enough, but then I went in for day three blood work and ultrasound, only to find that I have a massive cyst on my left ovary, so I can't take any meds this cycle.
Problem is, I have to travel to UK for a couple months right after this. I found a fertility clinic to take me in London, they said they could of course take my sperm (Sages donor). I called to have it shipped there and the US bank assured me that the UK no longer allows them to ship sperm because their vials are "Open donor" instead of "identity release" which is now required by the UK government since 2005.
I have tried to appeal to the UK governing body controlling imported sperm, but it looks like the application will be very difficult to do, and extremely time consuming. Their committee meets only once a month to discuss possible exceptions etc, and the application has to be completed by the UK clinic not me personally.
It does seem a little rough that my second child should have a different donor than the first just because of some stupid rule. The UK law states that the child is entitled to a name of the donor aged 18 - i.e. Jo Smith, but no contact info. Whereas I have an open donor who has said he would be willing / wishes to have contact. Either way my donor would have to sign the UK form, and without this the prospect of importing it looks bleak.
Additionally I am running out of sperm. I contacted the bank to see if they could get him to rejoin the program. Apparently this process takes for ever - in addition to the 6 months quarantine period. It has been three weeks and the bank hasn't even contacted me - despite my phone calls to take my 250 dollars in payment to see if they would even ask the donor if he would consider donating again.
For some odd reason (against statistical evidence to the contrary) I do believe my best chance of getting pregnant is to do natural cycles - and I need more sperm. Currently I am only prepared to use the remaining vials on medicated cycles - to maximize chances of getting one good egg.
I just wish I didn't have to go away for the summer. Looks like I'm going to miss at least three cycles - at 43 that is just not good news. On the plus side I am feeling in better health than I have for a very long time. I am sleeping better, enjoying my life more. Sage is doing great - and she doesn't have to quit breast feeding. Work has gotten a whole lot better (nothing to do with me - but I am enjoying it while its lasts). Perhaps I should try and go on a date. Feel sure if I just had some hot sex...