Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The irony of life

I was sitting in the jacuzzi a couple of nights ago, and a very smiley (and extremely large) lady got in beside me - no clothes on.  I tried to look the pother way, but very soon we got talking.  I told her I had to be back home soon to let the sitter go - and that I am trying for baby number 2.  She explained how hard it was as a single mother, I thought I understood until she said that at her house she had 6 kids!

She told me "You know I am 40 years old, and in december I was pregnant again!  but I lost the baby....... - It was such a blessing!  I didn't realize it then, but I do now because I just found I am pregnant again.  I'm always pregnant.   I wouldn't normally sit in a jacuzzi you know, but I don't know how I could cope with another, my baby is only four, and I don't have the money to pay for an abortion."

Life is so weird, I really felt for her situation.  I found myself wondering if I should offer to help her pay for it - then i got totally confused, I don't even approve of it.  But what sort of life would the child have. One person prays to be pregnant while the next prays not to be.  It was a some sort of life test I suppose. But I went home questioning why life is like this.

3 comments:

  1. What pisses me off is that she did not appear to have the money to pay for *any* form of birth control either..god save stupid people from themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now I'm so thankful I wasn't in the hottub too. I have no idea what I would have said. I'm sorry you had to sit through that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a crazy situation.

    ReplyDelete